Simple. Modern. Affordable. Flexible.
Get a Quote!
The EMC Unity™ Hybrid product line sets new standards for storage with compelling simplicity, modern design, flexible deployments, and affordable prices– to meet the needs of resource-constrained IT professionals in large or small companies.
If you are looking for rich features with absolute simplicity in a small footprint, if you are cost-conscious and need the best from the best, EMC Unity Hybrid is for you. Designed for flash with rich data services, Unity Hybrid delivers flash performance with the cost advantage of disk and is the perfect fit for your mixed applications, unified storage and Remote-Office-Branch-Office (ROBO) requirements.
IT professionals are struggling with the ever-changing demands of their jobs – including storage management. They are experiencing data growth like never before and IT budgets are under extreme pressure. This is especially evident in the midmarket, where IT professionals are wearing many hats and becoming generalists - handling servers, networking, mobile devices, desktops, virtualization, and storage – so they are spread extremely thin. These days, IT generalists need simple, modern, affordable, and flexible storage technology to simplify and automate.
- Simple: Data growth is increasing but the IT department is not - therefore you need storage technology that automates many tasks and helps get the job done. You cannot spend time becoming a storage expert or reading a manual - it must be intuitive and simple to use.
- Modern: You need the latest technology so that you have the power to manage the latest workloads. 2016 is the year for flash, including midrange systems. So all systems must be designed with flash in mind and leverage the latest data management and mobility technologies - you don’t want to get left behind.
- Flexible: Storage solutions should be flexible enough to be repurposed for a variety of different workloads – block, file, databases, virtual environments or even as a backup target. Storage should come in a variety of deployment models from purpose-built all-flash or hybrid configurations to converged infrastructure and even virtual storage appliances.
- Affordable: Storage systems must be affordable to purchase and deliver the best total cost of ownership throughout the life of the system. And it should be cost-effective to run all your workloads on these systems.
Mixed workloads meet their match with EMC Unity 500 hybrid flash storage, part of our Unity Hybrid storage series. Like all Unity unified storage, Unity 500 is designed for organizations from midmarket to enterprise. You’re ready to deliver for the widest range of SAN and NAS workloads.
EMC Unity sets a new standard for midrange data storage: simple, modern, affordable, and flexible. We’ve engineered Unity for flash and rich data services. Dense SSD technology helps provide outstanding total cost of ownership.
Benefit from included EMC Unity Software. Capabilities include point-in-time snapshots, local and remote data replication, built-in encryption, and deep integration with VMware, Microsoft, and OpenStack ecosystems. With automated tiering and flash caching, your most active data is served from flash.
EMC Unity 500 hybrid flash storage is customer-installable, as is every Unity system. Day-to-day support is efficient with a slick HTML5 interface and a cloud-enabled management dashboard. And proactive assistance is yours through EMC's automated remote support.
- Simple: Quick to install, slick easy-to-use interface with intuitive management
- Modern: Modern 2U architecture designed for flash with modern EMC Data Protection choices
- Flexible: Unified file and block support for mixed workload consolidation
- Affordable: Midrange value optimized for performance, density, and cost
Benefits to you
- Cost Savings: Mixed workload consolidation onto affordable all flash that scales to 365TBs usable
- Trusted: Knowing you are using modern, cutting edge technology that is industry proven
- Performance: Flash Performance for those workloads that require it, with overall hybrid economics
- Consolidation: Consolidate all your mixed workloads (file and block) onto a single solution
- Protected: Totally protected by EMC data protection options
- Cloud enablement: From cloud based management to VPLEX cloud tiering, Unity Hybrid has it all
- One architecture: Unity Hybrid replicating to a free EMC UnityVSA™ at a ROBO site at the same time it’s copying data to a Unity Hybrid solution for long
- Delivers 1.2 TB to 2.1 PB max raw capacity
- Unifies block, file, and VMware VVols support
- Uses 64-bit scalable file system to support transactional and traditional NAS
- Maximizes density and value with 3D NAND TLC flash
- Installs in 2 minutes, configures in 15
The Ultimate In Simplicity & Value
Unity is setting the standard for storage simplicity and value. Engineered from the ground-up to meet market demands for flash, affordability and outrageous simplicity, Unity All Flash comes in 4 scalable models; starting with the Unity 300, and scaling to the Unity 400, Unity 500 and then the Unity 600. Whether you are looking to start small or scale to hundreds of terabytes of usable capacity, Unity All Flash has you covered.
Unity Hybrid is the only unified storage system that successfully meets all 4 requirements of today’s midmarket unified IT storage professionals; simple, modern, flexible, affordable.
Unity Hybrid Is Simple: Unity sets a new standard for simplicity in the midrange storage market with simplified customer installation, slick user interface, intuitive cloud enabled management and proactive assistance.
Unity Hybrid Is Modern: Unity has a modern 2U architecture designed for flash, and supports 3D NAND TLC drives and HDDs. Unity Hybrid supports file and block workloads, unified point-in-time snapshots, synchronous and asynchronous replication, built-in encryption, tiering to the cloud and has deep ecosystem integration with VMware, Microsoft and OpenStack. Unity can also be protected by EMCs modern Data Protection options.
Unity Hybrid Is Flexible: If you are looking for a hybrid solution with automated tiering and flash caching to support your file or block application, Unity Hybrid has you covered. Unity is also available as a free virtual storage appliance (the Unity VSA), a purpose-built Hybrid or All Flash system, or a converged system –one operating system that connects them all.
Unity Hybrid Is Affordable: Our dual-active controller system was designed to optimize the performance, density, and cost of your storage to deliver all-flash performance for much less than you thought possible.
All Inclusive Software + More
All inclusive, feature rich, array based software comes standard. Optional offerings include differentiated Unity deployment options, availability and mobility, protection and networking options. Unity Hybrid comes standard with limited warranty with enhanced and premium options available.
|Unity 500 Specifications|
|Max Raw Capacity||2.1 PB|
SMB 3.0 (CIFS)
|Drive Enclosure||2.5" SAS/Flash (2U), 25 drives
3.5" SAS/Flash (3U), 15 drives
|CPU||2 x Intel Xeon E5-2660 10-Core 2.6 GHz|
|Memory per Array||128 GB|
|Solution For||Mid-Range Storage
|Browse By||Hybrid Storage Array
Download the Unity 500 Datasheet (PDF).
Get a Quote!