RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines
Continuous Data Protection for any Point-in-Time Recovery
Get a Quote!
Enable quick recovery of VMware virtual machines to any point in time. EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines provides continuous data protection (CDP) for operational recovery and disaster recovery. You’ll manage your VM protection simply and efficiently.
vAdmins and enterprise application owners can set and manage their VM data protection through a plug-in to VMware vCenter. Automated provisioning and DR orchestration make it easier to meet your recovery point objectives (RPOs) and recovery time objectives (RTOs).
EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines is hypervisor-based, software-only data replication that integrates with VMware vCenter (customer supplied).
EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines redefines data protection for VMware Virtual Machines (VMs), enabling local, remote and concurrent local and remote replication with continuous data protection for recovery to any Point-in-time (PiT). It is a VMware hypervisor based, storage agnostic, software only data protection tool with built-in orchestration and automation capabilities accessible via VMware vSphere web client plug-in.
RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines delivers benefits including the ability to:
- Enables Continuous Data Protection for any Point-in-Time recovery to optimize RPO and RTO
- Ensures recovery consistency for interdependent applications
- Provides synchronous (sync) or asynchronous (async) replication policies
- Reduces WAN bandwidth consumption and utilize available bandwidth optimally
- Offers multi-site support with up to 4:1 fan-in for centralized DR site protecting multiple branch offices and 1:4 fan-out replication for development and test operations
- Supports vSphere environments, vSphere 6, VSAN 6.1 and Virtual Volumes.
Recover To Any Point In Time
RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines uses a journal-based implementation to hold the PiT information of all changes made to the protected data. Providing the shortest recovery time to the latest PiT via journal technology that delivers “DVR like” roll back in time capability, providing short RPO to any selected PiT enabling recovery to just seconds before data corruption occurred, reversing the error.
Recover With Consistency
With RecoverPoint technology, data is protected by Consistency Group (CG), preserving relational dependencies during recovery such as those of a database and a database log. The CG depends on the use of journal volumes which hold all the historical changes in order to preserve write order fidelity. Furthermore, the CG Sets feature enables recovery activities to be performed to the same consistent PiT across all data in the CG set simultaneously. RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines is designed to ensure recovery consistency for one application or inter-dependent applications with the CG and CG sets options.
Replicate With WAN Efficiency And Resiliency
RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines delivers remote data replication over WAN, sync or async, at lower costs. Its built-in WAN optimization consists of compression and advanced bandwidth reduction algorithms that reduce WAN bandwidth consumption up to 90%. WAN optimization also ensures replication robustness with an improved resiliency that sustains 50% longer Round Trip Time (RTT) and higher packet loss to fully utilize the available bandwidth.
Recoverpoint For Virtual Machines: Simple, Efficient & Proven
Architecturally, RecoverPoint for VMs consists of a VMware vCenter plug-in, a RecoverPoint write-splitter embedded in vSphere hypervisor, and a virtual appliance, all comprehensively integrated in the VMware ESXi server environment.
RecoverPoint for VMs protects VMs with VM level granularity and replicates VMs (VMDK and RDM) accessed by any type of storage connectivity supported by VMware. With built-in orchestration and automation capabilities fully integrated with VMware vCenter via a plug-in, RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines empowers vAdministrators with the visibility and control to protect single or multiple VMs locally or remotely to the target site. vAdministrators can perform automated discovery, provisioning and orchestration for DR test, failover and failback to any PiT, all from the vCenter Web Client GUI. It also supports advanced orchestration such as VM power-up sequencing, Re-IP and inclusion of scripts as part of the boot up order.
With CG and CG sets, vAdministrators can perform recovery to a selected PiT with consistency across interdependent applications that span across VMware ESX clusters. For example, businesses can take full advantage of this powerful feature to properly restore the operation of an end-to-end business transaction process that includes a sales order system, payment transactions, inventory management and supply chain management, all deployed in VMs.
Integrates With EMC Storage Analytics
EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines integrates with EMC Storage Analytics (ESA), enabling quick deployment with analytic visibility of the RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines infrastructure within VMware vRealize Operations Manager. Dashboards, heat maps, and other visual tools are made available for actionable capacity and performance analysis.
- Protect VMware virtual machines with granular recovery to the VM level
- Use orchestration to enable test, failover, and failback to any point in time
- Replicate VMs (VMDK and RDM) locally and remotely
- Support replication policies over any distance: synchronous, asynchronous, or dynamic
- Use consistency groups for fast, application-consistent recovery of VMs
- Optimize WAN bandwidth use with data compression and deduplication
- Support any storage array on the VMware hardware compatibility list (HCL)
- Manage data protection using the familiar vSphere Web Client user interface
- Protects VMware Virtual Machines with VM level granularity
- Integrates with VMware vCenter via a plug-in
- Simplifies OR & DR processes with built-in orchestration and automation
- Supports all storage types
- Streamline OR and DR data protection workflows with reliable and repeatable processes
- Respond faster to changing business and data protection needs
- Shorten application development cycles by providing a replica for isolated test and development use
- Enable datacenter migration with minimal interruptions
- Leverage offsite replication for backup operations with no impact to the production site
- Empower vAdministrators to meet the required data protection Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Integrate with VMware vRealize Operations Manager via EMC
- Storage Analytics (ESA) with deep visibility into your virtualized infrastructure
|RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines Specifications|
Non-EMC VMware-compatible storage arrays
|Hypervisors||VMware vSphere and vSphere Web Client
|Solution For||Backup and Disaster Recovery
Download the RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines Datasheet (PDF).
Get a Quote!