MozyEnterprise Cloud Backup for Desktops and Laptops
Complete control and customizability
Get a Quote!
Most critical files reside on desktops/laptops
The critical task of backing up and protecting desktop and laptop data for large businesses is an expensive and challenging endeavor, one that requires ongoing diligence.
These days, because of an increasingly mobile workforce, many desktops and laptops live outside of secure corporate networks. Yet, most of a company’s critical files are stored on employee desktops and laptops, which are especially susceptible to risk, including hard drive failure, coffee spills, theft, or loss.
Many businesses lack a comprehensive data backup protection policy for their desktops and laptops; other businesses do not back up their desktop and laptop data at all. Further, some backup solutions disrupt user productivity, lack security and centralized management, and leave systems vulnerable to data loss.
As digital information continues to grow, it is becoming more difficult to manage. However, if information is not backed up, it can be lost or damaged at anytime and may not be recoverable, resulting in user downtime, lost revenue, or even long-term or permanent damage to reputation.
Complete data protection and control
MozyEnterprise® protects critical data by encrypting selected files and sending them to the EMC cloud for secure access and recovery when needed, all through a webbased, multi-tenant administrator’s console for complete control and customizability. MozyEnterprise makes backing up and restoring data for Windows, Mac, and Linux computers simple to manage and easy to use.
Mozy’s uncomplicated and affordable license model saves you time and money with an enterprise-grade data backup solution that doesn’t take months to set up, require thousands of dollars of new hardware investment, or force you to hire more administrative overhead.
Mozy is backed by EMC, so you can be confident that your organization’s data is safe, secure, and readily available.
Sync and mobile access
MozyEnterprise not only protects desktops and laptops, it works hand in hand with Mozy® Sync and the Mozy mobile app. With Mozy Sync, users simply place their files in their local Sync folder and they’re immediately available from any connected desktop or laptop. And the Mozy app for iOS and Android devices lets designated users access their important files from their approved smartphones or tablets, putting all of their information at their fingertips on whichever device they are using. File sync and mobile access allow your workforce to work anywhere by giving them the flexibility to securely access all of their important files in real time. Plus, it’s an effective way to boost workforce productivity.
Tools that provide protection
The MozyEnterprise web console allows the IT admins to:
- Easily manage backup, sync, and mobile access for thousands of users
- Create subadministrators
- View account usage, history, and stats
- Generate and email reports automatically
- Securely integrate with Active Directory and other identity providers via LDAP for automated management of Mozy user accounts and SAML for SSO
- Customize configuration settings
Designed with the end-user experience in mind
With MozyEnterprise, administrators can manage backups centrally or devolve some, or all, of the control to the user. If empowered, users can use the MozyEnterprise client to:
- Sign in using Active Directory credentials
- Select files and folders to back up
- Set up a Mozy Sync folder to keep their active files updated across multiple devices
- Set automatic and scheduled backups
- Configure options and bandwidth throttling
- Enable local backup with Mozy® 2xProtect™ for Windows
- Enable on-demand backups
- See a history of all backups
- Restore files and folders
Mozy Support representatives know the service, understand your technical configurations, and can help you resolve issues quickly. The Mozy Support team is available to Mozy customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The Support Portal features a knowledge base, tutorials, Mozy Community, documentation, live online chat, and phone support.
Mozy Support is the recipient of two Stevie Awards, which recognize Mozy in the Best Use of Technology in Customer Service for Computer Software and Services category.
Seamlessly manage backup, sync, and mobile access for multi-user and server environments from a single web-based console.
Your data is safe with enterprisegrade encryption, world-class data centers, and EMC—a company built to last.
Keep costs low with no hardware to purchase and minimal overhead required.
Features and benefits
The many features in MozyEnterprise provide comprehensive backup protection to the EMC cloud for the data on your desktops and laptops:
- File scanning: Back up millions of files effortlessly with advanced file scanning.
- Data seeding: The initial upload of data to the cloud can be slow over the wire; Mozy® Data Shuttle™ for Windows and Mac lets you move gigabytes or terabytes of data to the EMC cloud quickly.
- Forever-incremental backups: After the initial backup, MozyEnterprise only backs up new or changed portions of files, saving time and bandwidth.
- Backup, sync, and mobile access together: Mozy ensures that users can work with their most important files from wherever on their desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones with the assurance that their files are protected against loss.
- Easy account management: Manage multiple users with the multi-tenant, web-based Mozy Admin Console.
- Simplified storage management: Devices draw from a single pool of storage at the organizational level, so you don’t have to assign storage to every single device, saving you time and reducing administrative burden.
- Set up user groups: Organize users into meaningful groups by profile, space usage, feature availability, backup configuration, and more for easier administration.
- Federated Identity integration: Automatically trigger user creation, organizations, and removal in MozyEnterprise through Active Directory or other LDAP-capable directory service for secure, automated user provisioning and management.
- Single sign-on: Users log on with Active Directory credentials.
- Customized installations: Choose from user-assisted, background, and silent installation options through your software management system of choice.
- Automatic or scheduled backups: Mozy manages your backups so you don’t have to. Back up automatically or schedule your backups weekly, daily, or even multiple times a day.
- Customized configurations: Set policies on backup speeds, create customized backup sets, or define which file types should be backed up.
- Reliable data restores: Browse and search your backed up files, then restore any file versions created during the previous 90 days using our web portal, software client, or by ordering a media restore.
- Local backup: Windows users can back up locally to an external device as well as to the EMC cloud for double protection with Mozy 2xProtect.
- Standard and customizable backup sets: Use pre-defined backup sets of common file types, or create your own backup sets.
- Encryption: Backup and sync data is encrypted locally with enterprise-grade encryption prior to transfer, during transfer, and while at rest in the EMC cloud. Multiple encryption key options provide added security.
- World-class data centers: EMC data centers employ the highest protection standards, including state-of-the-art security with 24x7x365 onsite monitoring.
- Maintain regulatory compliance: Mozy helps organizations comply with standards such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), European Safe Harbor, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), EU federal data protection acts, and more.
- Audits and certifications: Mozy has successfully completed a Statements on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE 16) examination and is International Organization for Standardization/International Electrotechnical Commission (ISO/IEC 27001) certified.
- Back up desktops, laptops, and more: MozyEnterprise backs up desktops, laptops, and mission-critical applications, including Microsoft SQL and Exchange.
- Open and locked file support: The Mozy service backs up all open and locked files, including Outlook PST files.
- Version support: Restore from file versions up to 90 days in the past.
- Mobile app: Access stored data from any iOS or Android device with the free Mozy mobile app. Users can search, view, download, and send any file that is backed up on their MozyEnterprise account.
- Windows, Mac, and Linux support: Mozy supports Windows 8.1, 8.0, 7 and Vista; and Server 2012 and 2008; Mac OS X 10.9, 10.8, 10.7 and 10.6; and Linux distributions, including CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Red Hat, and Ubuntu.
- Single-instance storage: Duplicate files across your environment are backed up only once, saving bandwidth.
- Bandwidth throttling: Bandwidth usage can be throttled so that more or less of your upload bandwidth is used.
Download the MozyEnterprise Cloud Backup for Desktops and Laptops Datasheet (PDF).
Get a Quote!